Interesting essay samples and examples on: https://essays.io/dissertation-examples-samples/
If you live in Missouri, get active to stop this dangerous effort to destroy your public schools!
If you love your public schools you need to drop what you are doing and get to work.
There is only one intent of Senate Bill 55–to destroy public education in Missouri. It was pushed through the Senate Education Committee early this morning and may go to the Senate floor for a vote as early as next week.
1. Call your state senators NOW and ask them to support public schools by OPPOSING Senate Bill 55. You can find your Senator and their phone number by going here.
2. Click here and send an email in opposition to Senate Bill 55 NOW.
3. Share this link with friends and family who live in the state. https://actionnetwork.org/letters/oppose-senate-bill-55/
Below is the notice we just received from the Missouri School Boards Association information that provides background on the bill.
“The Senate Education Committee jammed through a mega bill on Thursday that will be heard on the Senate floor soon. Senate Bills 23 and 25 started out creating voucher schemes and expanding charter schools but were loaded up on SB 55 at the last minute with a long list of provisions hostile to public education that have never even had a public hearing. The bill now includes:
- School Board Member Recall: Requires an election to recall a school board member if a petition is submitted signed by at least 25% of the number of voters in the last school board election.
- Education Scholarship Account/Vouchers:Creates up to $100 million in tax credits for donations to an organization that gives out scholarships for students to attend a home school or private school – including for-profit virtual schools.
- Charter School Expansion: Authorizes charter schools to be opened in an additional 61 school districts located in Jackson, Jefferson, St. Charles, and St. Louis counties or in cities of 30,000 or more and allows charters opened in provisionally and unaccredited districts to remain open even after the school district regains accreditation.
- Turning MOCAP into Virtual Charter Schools: Allows students enrolling in MOCAP full time to apply directly to the vendor and cuts the resident school district and professional educators out of the process.
- Home school students allowed to participate in MSHSAA activities. Districts are prohibited from belonging to MSHSAA unless home schooled students are allowed to participate in district athletics and activities governed by MSHSAA.
- Limiting State Board of Education: Restricts members of the state board of education to serve only one full term.”
Please send your email, make your calls and thank you for all you do.
Network for Public Education